Not all EVs and hybrids are compatible with all of the charge points on the network.
The charge point at which your car can draw power, as well as the rate or speed at which an EV can charge, depends on its charging capabilities:
- Type of connector on your vehicle
- Maximum charging current your vehicle can draw
- Single-phase or three-phase charging ability.
- Rapid charger compatibility.
- Type of charging cable required
Please contact your EV manufacturer, or visit their website, for information regarding the charging capabilities of your vehicle. The UK Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment Association can help you determine which equipment you car can use.